Thursday, February 18, 2016

The painful Vancouver layover: February 18, 2016; ugh

Apparently it feels pretty bad to sit in a restaurant, waiting for breakfast and my flight to Toronto, and hearing Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream".... just to cap it off. Ugh. Poor me!!!

I think if a parent has a crying baby on a 6-hour flight, maybe that parent should have another strategy to try and quiet the baby other than gently saying "Sh! Sh!" I had the crying baby literally in the row behind me for the flight. I know the parents probably felt bad for having the flight's noisy baby, and I assume they were trying their best, but I wasn't aware of any other things they were trying other than the "Sh! Sh!" method. Maybe your baby is hungry? Maybe you should see if walking a bit in the aisle works? Maybe your baby doesn't want to leave Honolulu?

I did sleep for the most part, though, so the overnight flight to Vancouver felt relatively short. More on my Hawaii trip later.

This is my last sunset (for now) in Waikiki. People sat and watched it and when the sun dipped below the horizon, people applauded! I might have been one of those people!!

Sunset in Waikiki. February 17, 2016 at 6:27 PM HAST. I
cheated a bit on this by lowering the exposure value, but nothing
done post. Click to enlarge, of course.


Oh, and before I left, I decided to test whether I could get served without a shirt. So I went to a 7-11 type store for some pineapple soft serve ice cream wearing just sandals and board shorts. It was not a problem. Hawaii is my type of place!

Proof that one can get served pineapple
soft serve ice cream without a shirt and
 wearing sandals. (Do they count as shoes?).
I also hit some retail stores to see if anyone
would say anything. I didn't go high end,
like Prada,  but I did more mid-level places like
Quiksilver (surf store) and Volcom (skater store).
No problem.

More later, including stuff I couldn't include due to not having an internet connection while on the ship.