Monday, December 07, 2015

Toronto: December 7, 2015; the conclusion of the tale of the brisket,

Part 2 of the brisket:  This is how it turned out....

To catch y'all up, the first part of how I decided to try smoking brisket without a smoker is at the bottom of the post by clicking here.  

On to the conclusion:  

After 12 hours, the brisket in aluminum foil looked like this:

A hole had formed at the bottom of the foil and had leaked out.  12 hours in the oven at 220 for 10 hours and 200 for 2 hours.

I let it sit in the foil for about 15 minutes.
Side of spinach...because I couldn't find turnip greens (which were an oft-mentioned side in Nashville) and didn't want to mess with collard greens (not really a Nashville or Austin thing, but something I saw in the local grocery store and looked to hard to cook).

The next day, I heated some up for dinner in my oven at around 250, starting in the cold pan in the cold oven.  Once the oven reached 250, I let it sit in the oven for 20 minutes or so...


By the time I took this photo, I didn't care what my shots looked like because I wanted to eat that brisket.
It was probably better the second day....  More to eat tonight.  I hope it lasts awhile....

You know it's time for me to get out more when I'm writing about brisket.

I bought some macro filters for my camera and I'll play with those tomorrow....  Looking forward to my next (small) trip starting in a few days.  There's some beautiful architecture in Detroit and New York City....