Friday, December 04, 2015

Toronto: December 4, 2015; Toronto skyline early morning yesterday, Richmond St E

I'm eight days away from my trip to Detroit and NYC, y'all, so I'll get some nice shots while I'm there.  In the meantime, looking for that perfect skyline view of Toronto....

I woke up "early" yesterday to try and photograph the city from the east.  I had heard that there are good views of the city on Richmond Street East, near the DVP exit.  I was a bit concerned there wouldn't be a good place to set up the tripod, but just east of the Shell station, there are grassy areas, so it was no problem.

You can see how quickly the sky lightened.  That stupid street light with the "new" sign on it was pissing me off but there was no getting around it, especially with my dedication to using the kit lens that came with my camera.  I longed for a zoom lens at this point....  But like Jack White while he was in the White Stripes, I'm hoping the limitations I set will force me to be creative.  

Click to enlarge photos.

December 3, 2015 at 6:54 AM, ISO 100, 10 s, f/10

At this point, I tried to get the power lines out of my shot, and so moved a few feet west....

December 3, 2015 at 7:01 AM, ISO 100, 1.6 s, f/5.6

The sky was lightening pretty quickly, even with use of a longer exposure, it was evident.

December 3, 2015 at 7:07 AM, ISO 100, 2.5 s, f/10


December 3, 2015 at 7:09 AM, ISO 100, 2.0 s, f/10 
December 3, 2015 at 7:14 AM, ISO 100, 0.8 s, f/8
And another day on my leave dawned....  Nothing doing here....