Thursday, December 03, 2015

Mississauga (Toronto): December 3, 2015: the Voice, "Marilyn Monroe" Buildings

Apropos of nothing, I checked in with "The Voice" on Monday night.  I'm not a regular viewer (anymore).  One of the contestants did a sad, slowed down, mournful version of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun".  Can we all agree to a moratorium on taking uptempo, fun songs and slowing them down to slow sad dirges?  If we work together we can do it!  I think we can all agree that it was interesting when Bon Jovi first did it with "Livin' on a Prayer" and maybe reached its peak when Eric Clapton did the slowed down version of "Layla" on his MTV Unplugged, and since then, it's been a slow but steady decline.   One exception is, of course, whenever someone will decide to perform "Hollaback Girl" at a really slow tempo, because a slow, mournful version of that would be hilarious (I hope).

Yesterday, went out to Mississauga.  I became mildly "obsessed" with the Absolute World complex, the main towers of which are the "Marilyn Monroe" Towers.  Aside from its ugly city hall and the Square One Shopping Mall, I guess this is (these are) the most iconic building(s) in Mississauga.   These were the home for the character Jake Gyllenhaal played in the film "Enemy."  (I almost typed a spoiler, but I stopped myself!).    


Click to enlarge.  Then click the magnifying glass icon to enlarge again.


The Marilyn Monroe towers, the Absolute World complex, Mississauga, Ontario.  December 2, 2015.



Another angle.  "Does this angle make me look fat?"  The Marilyn Monroe towers, the Absolute World complex, Mississauga, Ontario.  December 2, 2015.

Up close.  I'm trying to decide for myself whether these curves are sensual.  I just don't know.  I'm confused.  The Marilyn Monroe towers, the Absolute World complex, Mississauga, Ontario.  December 2, 2015.

I photographed some skyline of Toronto this morning during the blue hour.  I'll post those tomorrow.... Something for y'all to look forward to.....

I'm still obsessed with this building, though.... (Oh Batman Tower, I still love you!).