Sunday, November 29, 2015

Toronto: November 29, 2015; some more shots of Austin and Nashville, chocolate in Toronto(?)

Re-adjusting to Toronto.  That means, it's a lot colder here than I recalled.  I thought I was cold in Nashville, but this is different.  It slipped my mind that you can see your breath when it's cold here, which I saw this morning....

In lieu of shots of Toronto, here are some leftover shots from my trip.  (I don't think I posted them, but I'm much too lazy to check....)  

Btw, a complete non-sequitur, but one thing that threw me off is that Texas and Tennessee are in the Central Time Zone.  This means that TV shows, in the evening, come on an hour earlier than in Toronto, but oddly, their morning shows come on at the same time as the Eastern Time zone.  So, "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" starts at 10:30 PM in Texas or Tennessee instead of 11:30, but "Live with Kelly and Michael" airs at 9 AM in both time zones......  Unsettling, I tell you....

Click to enlarge the photos:
Sunrise in Austin looking east (I think) from Republic Square,  Friday November 20, 2015.

This is the rotunda of the Country Music Hall of Fame.  The people are looking at plaques of the inductees of the Hall of Fame.  As I said, architecturally, I think the Hall is beautiful, but...

....this is what the plaques look like.  I think they're kind of horrible.  Surely, the inductees deserve better.  Don't they?

Lindt store, Shops at Don Mills, Toronto, today.  I guess it's Christmastime when these guys show up.

It was that kind of day.  I'll get some shots tomorrow, hopefully....