Wednesday, December 30, 2015

(Ugly) Photo of the Day: December 30, 2015;

Is it cold enough to make us long for summer?  Probably.  Maybe.  But you're probably thinking of that fake summer no one has, in which we all frolic at the beach, have picnics without mosquitos and everyone is buff and/or beautiful.

Well, then, here is a photo of fake looking flowers to go along with your longing for fake summer.

This photo is so bad, I won't even give details on how it was taken.
Suffice it to say, I'm pretty sure these colours aren't found in nature.
In fact, they were found at my local grocery store.  (Loblaws, for those
of you keeping score.... And why wouldn't you??)

At this point, I'm ready to travel again, but my next major trip is over a month away....  I never thought I was a traveller, but I quite like it. It is, also, better than working for a living.

I saw the movie "Brooklyn" today.  I was the only one in the theatre.  When I was in university, I was taught that theatre is a communal experience, that people go together in a group and experience this art together, and have a group catharsis, etc.  The common understanding was that film is not a communal experience, because there aren't live people in front of us, and we sit there in the dark.... I was never sure if this is true.

Being alone in the movie theatre, I realized I didn't laugh as much.  So maybe I didn't because there was no one to communicate with?  I don't know....  On the other hand, I got to sprawl over two seats.  It was a VIP theatre after all, and I could raise the arm rest.

I'll try and do better tomorrow.  I'll try to find something inspiring about this city.  We'll see.