Friday, December 11, 2015

Toronto: December 11, 2015; shots of Toronto skyline, another view

I went to Kensington Market, Wednesday afternoon.  The top of the parking garage at St. Andrew St. has a great view--so I heard.

It was an impressive view, (I like that it looks like the city is rising from the graffiti-laden buildings), and after I arrived, a few more photographers showed up, so apparently it's not a secret.  I was the only one with a tripod, though!!!!  Win for me!  This one woman had a way nicer camera and lens than me, though, so I had some camera envy.....

Click on them to "embiggen" the photos...
Using the panorama setting on my camera.  I bought a new fancy tripod, so I can do fancy pans at a constant height.  Great tripod....  Toronto, December 9, 2015 at 4:02 PM.  ISO 200, f/4 at 1/60 second.
An unusually warm December day in Toronto, December 9, 2015 at 4:15 PM.  ISO 200, f/9 at 1/13 second.
Still warm.  Toronto, December 9, 2015 at 4:17 PM.  ISO 200, f/10 at 1/8 second.
The lights of the buildings came on gradually, but of the major buildings, by far the latest was the CN Tower.  I waited awhile for the CN Tower lights to come on and was ready to leave by the time they did.  At this point, it occurred to me that I wanted everything to be in focus, so switched to a smaller aperture.  
Toronto, December 9, 2015 at 4:40 PM.  ISO 200, f/14 at 2.5 seconds.


It seemed appropriate to get a shot of Toronto I was happy with before setting out to travel a bit again...  Looking forward to re-discovering Detroit and New York City, especially since I've been feeling like a bum hanging out at home.  I've been sleeping until 7 AM most days...  Up early as "usual" today, but easy to feel like a big slacker.