Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Toronto: December 1, 2015; trying to see the city differently

The nice thing about my time being my own (for the most part) is that I can play with my camera.  I just found out that there's something called "the blue hour" in photography, which is the time, particularly for cities, when the sky is starting to lighten up, but the city lights are still on.  There is a blue hour in the evening (soon after sunset) and in the morning.

So this morning, I went to take some pics, but it was rainy and cloudy.  I couldn't get the shots of the buildings I wanted, but the streets were wet and reflected the light nicely.

Gooderham Bulding at the intersection of Wellington, Church and Front Streets, Toronto.  December 1, 2015, 7:08 AM.
For those interested:  shutter speed  = 20 s, aperture f/22, ISO = 100

St. James Park, Toronto.  December 1, 2015, 7:24 AM.  Shutter speed =  1.6 s, aperture f/5.6, ISO  = 100.  The sky was lightening quickly, but the lights were still on.